Struggling with Wash day? | 6 Tips for Better Hair Washing | Styled by Zahna
Having a great regimen for your hair will always be the key factor for keeping your hair healthy. With that regimen you will see consistent increases in growth and hydration. When it comes to washing your hair, it is important to track how often you are washing your hair.
It is recommended to wash weekly by cowashing, which is using just conditioner. Use your shampoo when washing at least once every two weeks.
Many think that because you have a braid down, sew in, or even braids that you can’t keep up with your wash routine. That is not true! You can keep your braids in and still wash your hair just make sure that it is fully dried by sitting under a dryer. Failure to not dry completely can create a mildew smell or even cause your hair to matte.
Here are 6 Tips for better hair washing.
- Section your hair into 4 parts, this will make the wash process much easier and ensure you are detangling and rising the shampoo or conditioner out.
- When washing, always use your palms when massaging the products in, using your nails could cause build up in them and scratch your scalp.
- Massage the products in a circle motion for at least 5-10 seconds on your scalp along with on your hair.
- Detangling is easy during the washing process. Always start from the bottom and work your way up.
- Don’t use clips that have small teeth, using them will cause your hair to rip.
- Braid each section down when you are conditioning your hair, and place a plastic cap on your head for at least 10 minutes to allow the moisture to sit in.
What are your secrets to better hair washing? Let us know in the comments below!
Make sure you're subscribed for more hair tips!
Thank you so much for the tips